- What kind of photographer are you? I am a lifestyle and documentary portrait photographer specializing in newborn and family photography. This means I do not pose my families and newborns during sessions, and we simply go with the flow. I capture emotions and family bonds, so that you and your family could always recall these precious moments and memories.
- Where will my sessions be held? Family, pregnancy and couple sessions take place either at your home or outdoors locations around Edinburgh of your choice. I can also make suggestions for some of my favourite shoot locations. Newborn sessions usually take place in the comfort of your home but can also be done outdoors.
- What if the weather gets bad on my outdoor session day? We live in Scotland and obviously the weather can be quite unpredictable at times. We will get in touch a few days before a scheduled session, and postpone it to the next available date if needed.
- What should we all wear? The choice is yours - wear anything that makes you feel comfortable, although I do have a more general guideline which I send after a session is booked.
- Can we have the RAW or unedited files? The RAW, unedited images are not available for purchase.
- Can you retouch me? It is essential for lifestyle sessions to preserve as many natural nuances as possible. However, I do apply some basic retouch to, for instance, remove extra large spots etc. I usually do not retouch babies' skin much though; they are perfect the way they are.
- When and where will we see our photos? I usually need around 1 month to edit photos. As soon as they're ready they'll be made available to you via a private and secured online gallery.
- How many photos will we receive? I offer various packages to suit your needs. Depending on chosen package I provide 10, 15 or minimum 40 digital images.
- What if I need to reschedule or cancel? Postponing of a scheduled session won't be an issue. If this is needed, simply get in touch with me and together we'll find another available date. A deposit of 80 GBP is taken at time of a booking a session, and is not refunded in case a session is to be cancelled rather than rescheduled.
- May I bring extended family to my photo session? I don’t photograph large extended family or multifamily sessions.
- How far do you travel? I'm based in Edinburgh but a session can be shot at a different location. In such a case a travel fee of £0.50p/mile outside Edinburgh is incurred and can be paid on or prior the day of the session. I try to use the shortest route to my customers to limit the travel expenses.
- When should I pay for the session? A deposit of £80 is required when a booking is made. The remaining balance needs to be paid on or prior the day of the session. I accept cash, bank transfer, card or Stripe payments.
- When should I book a maternity session? I would recommend booking a session as soon as possible, preferably before 34th week of pregnancy. Please bear in mind I limit the amount of sessions per month to ensure the highest quality of service.
- When is the best time to do a maternity session? The important thing is that a belly is nice and round. Usually this is during the last trimester, when you still feel well.
- How soon should I book my newborn session? It's never too late to book a newborn session, even if your baby is already at home. However, I recommend booking a session when you are 6-7 months pregnant.
- How do I schedule a newborn session? I write down the due date on my calendar, and wait for your email or text within 3 days of the baby’s birth in order to plan your actual session time.
- When should I do my newborn shoot? I recommend scheduling a session during the first 2 weeks after your due date. However, I know it's not always possible due to various reasons. No worries though, we can still have a beautiful session after the first 2 weeks.